EASY NUTRITION TIPS TO STAY HEALTHY AT WORK WITH JESSICA CORDING
Raise your (virtual) hand if any of the following has happened in the last week:
- You slept til the last possible second, missing breakfast at home and forgetting the lunch you packed.
- You raced into work like a bat out of hell and were thrown into a series of meetings and forgot breakfast….and maybe lunch
- You set aside time for lunch but it got hijacked by a meeting or someone else’s agenda (And grab a listen to this episode on mindfulness and boundaries for additional resources on this)
- You were starving at work and only had sugary candy or salty crap to rely on
- You felt run down and/or exhausted.
I think most of us, myself included, have our virtual hands in the air right about now. The truth of the matter is that it’s EASY to have any of those scenarios happen, but before you spiral into the depths of despair over that, it’s also way easier than you think to stop that vicious cycle in its tracks.
Enter Jessica Cording, MS, RD, CDN and founder of Jessica Cording Nutrition. She works with individuals and corporations (like, maybe yours?) to help them feel better at work so that they can feel good, be productive and not want to crawl back into their bed the second they wake up in the morning.
We’re talking with Jess about lots of goodies today including:
- How to make breakfast work for you (even if you’re ‘not a breakfast person)
- Her favorite “Non-Sad Work Lunches” that are easy to make and filling. You can grab the full recipes here.
- Her story: how she got into this field (in case it’s a field of interest for you too!)
- How to meet yourself where you’re at, rather than trying to force huge changes overnight
- Changing nutrition habits in your 30s, when you can no longer have a 20 piece bucket of KFC and be fine the next day (No? Just me?)
So do yourself a solid on the way home from work tonight and take a listen to this week’s show. And then put ONE thing into place that you’ll try this week to help yourself FEEL BETTER with food. And comment in the comments below with what you chose and we’ll chat!
Listen to the episode by clicking the button below
SHOW NOTES (TIMINGS ARE APPROXIMATE)
Jess’s Intro: 1:50
Drama Free Healthy Living: 10:20
Jess’s guiding principles: 10:45
What I Ate Wednesday: 12:00
Nutrition – how does it impact career? 13:20
Entrepreneurs and Nutrition: 15:40
Blood sugar management 18:35
Nutrition baseline guiding principles: 20:50
The skinny on carbs: 24:20
Client success story: how someone turned it around…and how you can too: 25:55
Changing habits in your 30s: 28:50
Jess’s fave healthy eats dish: 32:15
How to find Jess + Rapid Fire Travel Questions: 33:30
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW
Jess’s Facebook Page for recipes and tips: https://www.facebook.com/JessicaCordingNutrition
Jess’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jesscording
Jess’s site: http://www.jessicacordingnutrition.com/
Aug102 weeks agoWe rarely talk about the early stages of a new career or side project. How do people get started? What’s it REALLY like as you go through it? It’s sometimes rainbows and unicorns, but not all the t...
Aug023 weeks agoThis week on Episode 014: Building Your Side Hustle With Focus and Sanity, we’re talking with Mari DiChiara, Founder of Mari on the Map, a different kind of travel experiences and advice blog. I’ll...
Jul264 weeks agoAlex Harper, CEO of Women of Culture, a women’s arts organization in NYC, discusses creating what she’s passionate about + juggling a full-time graphic design job. Our Day In the Life series co...
Jul201 month agoWant to get your financial house in order so that it can support your career goals? Amanda Holden, Founder of Invested Development and the Dumpster Dog blog gives us her 8 tips to do this, as well ...
Jul141 month agoSO…..you wanna be a digital nomad, butttttttt: You don’t know where to start You’ll most definitely relegate yourself to a life of Cup O’ Noodles and overdrawing your checking account Who ...
Jun302 months agoThere’s something for everyone in this episode, and I’m so excited to be able to share it with you. We have Garvey Chui, Founder of the Verb Group, among many other things that you’ll learn about i...
Jun192 months agoThe day ran me, rather than the other way around. This is how I used to live my life, when I’d tear into work like a bat out of hell and without stopping to take a breath or have a sense of presenc...
Jun082 months agoThis week we’re talking to Ashley Feinstein Gerstley, founder of the Fiscal Femme and financial wellness and money coach. I know I say this a lot, but this was such a fun one to record for so man...
May313 months agoWhat happens when you cross someone who knows what they want with not having any clue how to actually get there? Well, you get Lynze Ballay, Founder of She Works Abroad and AVP at Sprinklr. After...
May303 months agoWhat if I told you that there is one thing that we all have access to – every single one of us- that can help us take the workday and own it, rather than leave the day haggard, exhausted and with a...